This fund was established in 1997 by the Duff family after the death of Nick Duff, in recognition of Nick's career and deep commitment to multicultural studies. Nick was a social studies teacher at Minnetonka from 1947-1988 and served as a trustee of the Minnetonka Foundation from 1990-1995. The fund was initially established from memorials to Nick Duff and from an estate gift designated in Mr. Duff's will.
Today, Nick's grandson Troon Dowds serves as a trustee of the Minnetonka Public Schools Foundation and Nick's family provides fund contributions. Donors interested in advancing multicultural studies in Minnetonka are also invited to donate to the fund.. Grants are issued via the foundation's Teacher Grant process every April.
Make a financial gift to the Nick Duff Multicultural Fund
Mr. Nicholas Duff, Minnetonka High School teacher from 1947-1988 and Foundation trustee from 1990-1995.
Recent Teacher Grants funded by the Nick Duff Multicultural Fund
- Hands-on Project-based Chinese Cultural Activities for Chinese Immersion Classrooms (Excelsior, Scenic Heights, MME and MMW)
- Two Countries - One Classroom (Clear Springs)
- Chinese Character Stroke Order Practice App (Scenic Heights)
- Chinese Immersion Author Event featuring Ying Compestine (Excelsior and Scenic Heights)
- Next Steps for the Minnetonka-Ghana Connection (Clear Springs)
- SACHIKO – Finding Peace: An Author Visit (Scenic Heights)
- Chinese Folklore and Folkgame for Library Resource (Excelsior and Scenic Heights)
- The Tonka-Ghana Connection: Taking the Next Step (Clear Springs)
- Audio Chinese and English Picture Dictionary (Excelsior)
- Multicultural Author Visits (Minnewashta)
- I am Malala (MME)
- Face to Face Across the World (Clear Springs)
- African Drumming (Clear Springs and Scenic Heights)
- Chinese Calligraphy Tools (Scenic Heights)
- Opening Up the World (MHS)
- Pingpang Qiu (Excelsior)
- Community and Culture (Groveland)
- Chinese Drum Dancing (Scenic Heights)
- Parallels in the Cultural and Biological/Genetic History of Native Americans (MHS)